Tuesday, December 30, 2008

OATS PULI UPMA

I have not got much interest in Oats recipes before as I didn’t know the medicinal values of it but when I wanted to shed the extra weight after delivery, I was told to increase the intake of Oats by the nutritionist. Hence, I started collecting different recipes using the Oatmeal. One of them is the upma which tastes really good.

INGREDIENTS:

Oats – 1 cup

Mustard seed – 1 small tsp

Urad dal – 1 tsp

Chenna dal – 1 tsp

Red chilies – 2-3

Salt – As required

Tamarind Juice – 3 tsp

Turmeric Powder – a pinch

Asafoetida – a pinch

Curry Leaves – few

Oil – 1 tsp

METHOD:

· Powder the oats in the grinder.

· Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. When they crackle, add the dals and fry. Then add the red chilies and curry leaves and fry for few seconds.

· Now add the tamarind juice. Add necessary salt, turmeric powder, and asafoetida.

· When the tamarind juice starts boiling, add the oats powder, stir constantly until it becomes thicken.

· Serve hot with any chutney or sambar.

4 comments:

Adlak's tiny world said...

yummy uppuma dear.. now got the secrecy of yr lost wt... count me in....

sriharivatsan said...

Ha ha..Neenga vera

anudivya said...

Wow, so many posts in one day!!!
This looks great, I am a great fan of healthy food, and this is something that one could easily make! Nice!
Wish you a very Happy New Year.

sriharivatsan said...

Thanks Anudivya. I feel very enthu after seeing ur comments. Happy New Year to u too..