I have never tasted Paneer until two years back; for some reasons DH and myself never got an idea to taste it at least once. But Jr. H was very curious to try at home as he has tasted his friend's lunchbox at school and he started nagging me to prepare at home. We liked it in the first attempt itself because of the taste it imparts in the dish. Now I can make many variations of paneer dishes and this is one such convenient dish which I prepare at home during my lazy weekend dinner.
Idly/Dosa batter - 2 cups
Paneer (Grated) - 1 cup
Capsicum (finely chopped) - 1
Onion (Finely chopped) - 1
Tomato (Finely chopped) - 1
Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Jeera - 1 /2 tsp
Preparation for Stuffing:
1. Finely chop the required vegetables (onion, tomato, capsicum) and grate the paneer.
2. In a pan, add little oil and throw in jeera, when it sizzles, add the chopped onion followed by tomato and capsicum later.
3. Add the required salt and turmeric powder followed by chilly powder. Add the grated paneer lastly and mix well.
Preparation of Dosa:
1. In the dosa pan, spread the idly batter in a circular manner, add little oil over the edges.
2. Spread the stuffing as required and fold the dosa as desired.